Approximately as big as Singapore, Phuket is Thailand’s biggest island. Phuket is located at the southern end of the country. The islands main trade is in rubber, tin and of course, tourism. It has also been used as a trading route to ship logs between China and India.
Phuket was struck by a Tsunami in 2004. Now, the region has installed tsunami-detecting buoys as part of a warning system against huge waves created after an earthquake. Tourists keep coming in and out of the province to experience trips to many popular tourist attractions. Staying there for few days will not complete your travel experience. There’s so much to do on the island and one week may not be enough time to experience every activity on offer.
Here are our top tourist destinations for a week itinerary in Phuket, Thailand:
1. Phi Phi Island- Riding the speedboat and savouring the feel of breeze through your hair is so rewarding. Go island hopping, snorkeling, swimming and a satisfying lunch at one of the world’s best islands. Then, spend the rest of the day at the Maya Bay where the movie “The Beach” was filmed and dive into some of the planet’s clearest waters.
2. Phuket FantaSea Theme Park- It has a Vegas inspired show that features Thailand’s rich and unique heritage and culture and is great entertainment for the whole family. Aside from that, it also has a carnival village packed with shopping stores, souvenirs, activities and games. They also offer a grand buffet of international and Thai dishes in their 4,000-seat theme restaurant.
3. 4-in-1 half day Safari -Here, you can find monkeys, elephant and water buffalos in their natural habitat. The presentations are good for both children and adults as they are fun, educational, hands-on and witty.
4. White Water Rafting- Prepare to get wet and to feel the adrenaline surge through your veins with this action-packed ride along the mountain river in Phang Nga Province. The trip here also includes an elephant ride to the jungle and a visit to Ton Pariwat Wildlife Sanctuary waterfall.
5. Phuket Eco Extreme- Together with experienced guides, rocket through the mud puddles, along beaches and into the jungle on an ATV ride while you learn about Phuket’s ecology system. Not only is this a safe and adventurous journey for friends and families, it’s also a great way to gain knowledge on the wildlife of Phuket.