Vancouver is the talk of the winter world at the moment with the Canadian City doing a great job of hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics.
At the moment it is paradise over in the North Western city with hundreds of thousands of people enjoying a sporting vacation away in the beautiful mountains of Vancouver.
But apart from the excitement that the Winter Olympics bring to a city, there is much more to see in Vancouver than what we see on our TV sets at home.
Home to some of the world’s best snow, there is always going to be some amazing mountain activities for all to partake in, but if snow is not your option then here is a list of alternative spots to check out during your trip.
– Stanley Park: One of the best know attractions in Canada, It’s the nation’s largest park and home to some breathtaking beauty and wildlife.
– Granville Island: Plenty of waterfront attractions at this place, and a great way to get to know Vancouver.
– Canada Place: An outstanding piece of architecture on the waterfront of the city. It is the backdrop to most of Vancouver’s postcards and a must see during your trip.
– Capilano Suspension Bridge: An awesome view, an awesome time and an awesome experience. The length of the Capilano Suspension is 450 feet, and it’s 230 feet high…Scary stuff!!!
– Gastown: The name says it all……. But check it out for yourself!!