Traveling is an exciting time for everyone, where people are usually about to embark on a journey away form home, with fun and adventure running through their veins.
It is also a time where memory and logic can evade you.
I know I might sound like a broken record by writing this, but there are many things people must remember when they are traveling.
Here is a look at some travel tips often overlooked by people:
– Always remember your passport
– Try to do as much research on the place you are traveling to
– Learn a few lines of the local language and find out about their culture.
– Exchange local currency before you arrive
– Find out the capital city of the place you are traveling to.
– Always carry a list of emergency contact numbers
– Prepare a mobile phone which works in the country
– Turn on international Roaming
– Remember to notify people the place you are staying at in case anything goes wrong.
– Always carry your ID on you
– Do not trust anyone before finding your bearings
– Remain calm when arriving, do not panic by the possible overwhelming culture
– Remember to have you immunization shots well before you leave
– Prepare for the flight, deck of cards, notepad iPod etc.
– Always be polite to officials and staff at airports
– Read up on countries judicial system, every nation varies in terms of what is legal and what is illegal